The Biophysics program of University of Guelph focuses on basic discovery research in the sciences, rather than medical and clinical applications. Experimental research conducted by students within BIG spans the entire breadth of the life sciences spectrum, including biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology, and human biology.
The program provides graduate students with comprehensive education and research training in the field of Biophysics. The program emphasizes multidisciplinary experimental and computational approaches, in which physical and computational tools are applied to biological problems. Collaborative research between faculty members with complementary research interests is actively encouraged, and several graduate students are co-supervised by two research groups.
Are you interested in:
- Biomechanical Biophysics
- Cellular Biophysics
- Computational Biophysics
- Molecular Biophysics
- Structural Biophysics
- Government laboratory researcher
- Hospital clinical research scientist
- University professor
- Biomedical research writer
- Industrial researcher/instrument specialist
- Medical student
- Concepts in Biophysics
- Biophysics Seminar
- Scientific Communication and Research Methods in Biophysics
- Advanced Topics in Biophysics
- Clinical Applications of Physics in Medicine
- Molecular Biophysics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Application deadline is ongoing.
DisciplinesPhysics Biology Biochemistry View 135 other Masters in Biology in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a wide range of areas, including: Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Engineering, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Food Science, etc.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.