We offer a master degree in Taxation Policy and Management at the Keio University International Center. Keio University, a leading private university in Japan, established the program as one of the partnership programs of the Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). Funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank, the JJ/WBGSP is a personnel training project which awards scholarships to help developing countries strengthen their human resources.The Graduate School of Business and Commerce of Keio University and the National Tax Agency have responded to this mission of the JJ/WBGSP by training five scholars each year in the area of tax policy and management. Participants are expected to return to their home countries to become leaders in improving taxation practices.
- To demonstrate the relation between tax administration (including taxation systems) and economic growth, from the viewpoint of administration and tax finance.
- To teach the entire taxation process, from enactment of legislation that implements tax policy, to tax law enforcement.
- To give students the opportunity to see theory translated into practice, through studying and evaluating the practices of the National Tax Agency.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum offers a wide range of courses, giving students the opportunity to investigate tax issues from various points of view. To achieve the objective of the program to develop human resources, students will take courses that have a practical and applied orientation, focusing on analysis of examples and case studies.
- Students will also participate in weekly seminars organized each semester to facilitate their research on various aspects of taxation policy and practice. JJ/WBGSP students may also have the opportunity to participate in intensive courses that are organized by visiting professors to the Graduate School of Business and Commerce.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form (5 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation* [from two people who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience]
- Letter of recommendation [from university professor] (optional)
- Medical certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS results [other certifications are NOT acceptable]
- Transcript of records [Original or certified by the university]
- Diploma / certificate of graduation [Original or certified by the university]
- True copy of passport, birth certificate or any OFFICIAL document showing the date of birth of the applicant
- Proof of Employment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.