This Mechanical Engineering programme is offered at The University of Hong Kong. It has continually evolved to incorporate advancement in science and technology of multi-disciplinary applications such as advanced materials, energy and biomedical.
In response to these changing needs of mechanical engineering, the Master of Science in Engineering in Mechanical Engineering [MSc(Eng)(ME)] curriculum is designed for enabling postgraduate students to develop a wider perspective and a deeper understanding of the many contemporary issues facing mechanical-engineering professionals.
- The MSc(Eng)(ME) curriculum provides a range of technical courses and learning experience in the fields of energy and power, environmental engineering, material technology, applied mathematics, computational fluid dynamics, theoretical mechanics, and computer integrated design and manufacturing.
- Students will integrate and apply the knowledge acquired from their studies for solving the deeper problems that may arise in the broad field of mechanical engineering. By learning new theories and developing engineering techniques to investigate the emerging problems in mechanical engineering, students can eventually become engineering professionals.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 11 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Comply with the University Entrance Requirements; and
- Hold a Bachelor's degree of this University in a relevant field; or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
International22037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22037 USD per year during 12 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 12 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per year
- Non local: 171,000 HK$ per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.