The department has had an active graduate program in applied mathematics since 1970. It expanded to include a full graduate program in statistics in 1984.
The strength of these programs lies in its graduate faculty, who are actively engaged in research in applications of mathematics and statistics in a wide variety of real-world problems, as well as in investigations of fundamental and theoretical questions.
The faculty designs and implements courses and curricula with emphasis on innovative research directed toward practical applications, as mandated by the charter from the University System of Maryland Board of Regents.
The Applied Mathematics or Statistics program at University of Maryland Baltimore County is intended for those students who are interested in pursuing an advanced degree and who have earned the equivalent of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mathematics, statistics or in other mathematically oriented disciplines. Students who already hold a master’s degree may apply and enter the doctoral program directly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The MS degree program in Applied Mathematics:
- Comprehensive examination option
- Thesis option
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics View 495 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The UMBC Graduate School will accept official WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluations as fulfillment of the requirement for official transcripts in the admissions process.
- The WES evaluation is optional. The Graduate School needs to receive either an official WES evaluation or official transcripts.
- The WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation includes copies of the official transcripts and degree certificates that have been verified by WES, and it includes a course-by-course evaluation.
- The evaluation must be sent directly from WES to the UMBC Graduate School in order to be considered official.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.