Accordingly, qualified cybersecurity professionals are in high demand at all levels, from technologists and warriors to managers, directors, and cybersecurity leaders. The graduate program in Cybersecurity at University of Maryland Baltimore County will prepare you to excel in this rapidly growing field.
Located within the Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, we offer graduate certificate programs as well as a Master’s of Professional Studies (MPS) degree at our campuses in Catonsville (UMBC main campus) and Rockville (UMBC at the Universities at Shady Grove)
This ten-course Cybersecurity graduate program integrates both technical and non-technical courses in Cybersecurity to prepare Computer Science, Information Systems, and other professionals to fill management, analytical, investigative, operational, and/or technical leadership roles in the Cybersecurity profession.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Law & Policy
- Cybersecurity Project
- Project Management
- Management, Leadership, and Communication
- Financial Management OR Decision and Risk Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security View 180 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- The UMBC Graduate School will accept official WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluations as fulfillment of the requirement for official transcripts in the admissions process.
- The WES evaluation is optional. The Graduate School needs to receive either an official WES evaluation or official transcripts.
- The WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation includes copies of the official transcripts and degree certificates that have been verified by WES, and it includes a course-by-course evaluation.
- The evaluation must be sent directly from WES to the UMBC Graduate School in order to be considered official.
International1132 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1132 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1132 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1132 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.