The Career and Technology Education program offered by The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is also designed to prepare teachers and educational leaders to qualify for Advanced Professional Certification (APC) in Maryland.
Students are admitted to the M.Ed. program at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES). Coursework is offered at UMES, the Maryland Center for Career and Technology Education Studies located at the Baltimore Museum of Industry (BMI), and other satellite sites throughout Maryland.
The course of study may vary with the experience, qualifications, and career development needs that individual students bring to the program.
The overall goal of the graduate program in Career and Technology Education is to prepare individuals to become master teachers, administrators, and leaders who are professional, reflective, innovative, value diversity and effective.
Graduates will be proficient in developing, instructing, coordinating, and directing quality programs in Career and Technology Education.
The following program objectives assist in accomplishing this goal:
- Provide opportunities for individuals to gain professional knowledge, skills and dispositions in teaching and training.
- Prepare individuals to build upon the content knowledge they have acquired in their related baccalaureate degree by providing additional professional knowledge and content necessary for advancing careers in teaching and administration.
- Develop individuals who can implement Common Core State standards, national content standards, and Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics (STEM) standards into curriculum, training and instruction.
- Prepare teachers and leaders who are knowledgeable of research, theory and practice related to effective curriculum development, instruction, assessment and organization and management of CTE classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Develop teachers and leaders who are professional, committed, reflective, continuous learners, and contributors to the enhancement of the teaching and training profession.
- Prepare teachers and leaders who demonstrate sensitivity and effective interpersonal skills in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Career and Technology Education Content, Methods and Strategies
- Career and Technology Education Instructional Management and Organization
- Administration and Leadership in Career and Technology Education
- Learning and Instructional Design
- Research in Career and Technology Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete the graduate school application and related paperwork for a degree program.
- Possess an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, or possess a prior graduate degree.
- Submit a passing score(s) on Praxis I, Praxis CORE, ACT, SAT or GRE.
- May require a writing sample essay that focuses on current educational issues, as determined by the graduate faculty Admissions Committee.
- Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Submit three letters of evaluation/ recommendation that address:
- Personal qualities
- Personal determination and commitment needed to complete the program.
- A resume and a statement of purpose for enrolling in the Master’s degree program.
International9240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 332 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.