Teaching from University of Maryland Eastern Shore has the following objectives:
- Application of research and inquiry for the improvement of classroom instruction
- Understanding of learners’ physical, cognitive and emotional development and the implications for learning and instruction
- Knowledge of the social contexts in which education occurs
- Demonstrating skills and knowledge necessary to teach learners with special needs and diverse cultural backgrounds
- Organizing and managing a classroom on the basis of research, best practice, expert opinion, personal attributes, and student learning needs
Students at Teaching from University of Maryland Eastern Shore will:
- Develop skills in pedagogical analysis including the identification of problems confronting classroom teachers, formulation of solutions for resolution of problems, implementation of solutions, and examination of the effect of classroom interventions on student learning
- Develop an appropriate and usable repertoire of teaching strategies and techniques
- Be using technology, including computers and media, for classroom and professional needs
- Possess the Knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate reading, writing and thinking in content area instruction
- Demonstrate the skills and abilities essential to instructional leadership
- Education in a Diverse and Democratic Society
- Instruction and Assessment for Student Learning
- Technology in Education
- Educational Research
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Reading in the Content Areas
- Classroom Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 283 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- Complete the UMES application, including a personal statement of purpose
- Have a baccalaureate degree in a Maryland certifiable teaching content area including adequate and current content area coursework in the intended certification area
- Possess an undergraduate grade-point average of a least 3.0 in the last half of their undergraduate program, or possess a prior master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Submit official transcripts from all higher institutions attended
- Submit three letters of professional recommendation that address: their personal qualities (e.g., character and academic abilities, problem solving, conceptual thinking, and the writing and speaking skills needed to support a rigorous graduate program; and that they possess the personal determination and commitment needed to complete this program)
- Submit scores from the appropriate Praxis Content Test.
- Writing sample
International16328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 628 USD per credit during 18 months.
National16328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 628 USD per credit during 18 months.
In-State8632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 332 USD per credit during 18 months.
Tuition fees for part-time option.
Living costs for Maryland City
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.