About the program
The Environmental Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program is offered by University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
Expertise includes molecular microbial ecology and physiology; bioremediation; molecular endocrinology of fish growth, development and reproduction; environmental stressors contributing to fish physiological dysfunction and oncogenesis; mechanisms and stressors of nitrogen fixation; molecular models of marine surface colonization; molecular cues of organism-organism interaction; and invertebrate immunity.
Faculty in this area frequently study macromolecular-environmental interactions using recombinant DNA and hybridoma approaches. The Environmental Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Area of Specialization encourages interaction between campuses and is synergistic with other AOSs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology/Genetics
- Cell Biology/Physiology
- Advanced Chemistry /Biochemistry
- Experimental Design and Analysis and in Scientific Writing
- 48 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Environmental Sciences View 605 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- A brief essay clearly defining areas of research interest and research objectives (preferably including the AOS(s) of interest). The essay should be carefully prepared, not in outline form, and will assist with identification of an academic advisor should the applicant be judged admissible.
- A current CV or resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the academic work of the applicant.
- Official Graduate Record Examination Scores (Only the General Test is required)
International12187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 48 months.
National12187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State5482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.