About this degree
Ecology is a broad discipline encompassing terrestrial, aquatic, estuarine and marine environments. Specific areas of study include behavioral, community, evolutionary, marine, benthic, limnological, systematic, and physiological ecology. Variations and/or combinations of one or more of these subdisciplines are common (e.g., marine benthic community ecology as one area of study or the evolution of terrestrial communities as another).
University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science students successfully completing this Area of Specialization could go on to academic appointments in a variety of departments (e.g., Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Biology, Zoology, Botany, etc.), or work for environmental consulting companies, as well as federal or state government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- scientific method and experimental design
- statistical methods and use of computers for statistics, database manipulation, and modeling
- ecological theory and mathematical modeling
- fieldtechniques in ecology
- scientific writing
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEcology View 193 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- A brief essay clearly defining areas of research interest and research objectives (preferably including the AOS(s) of interest). The essay should be carefully prepared, not in outline form, and will assist with identification of an academic advisor should the applicant be judged admissible.
- A current CV or resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the academic work of the applicant.
- Official Graduate Record Examination Scores (Only the General Test is required)
International24375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1625 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.