Applicants of the Social Justice Education program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst are expected to show evidence of applied social justice experience, at least one semester of which is supervised. Examples might include classroom teaching, peer education programs, mediation teams, residence assistants, or community outreach programs. Applicants may also have certification in teaching, school counseling, and special education or school administration. Evidence of at least one full year's work experience in a social justice-related area beyond the bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Justice Issues in Education
- Contemporary and Historical Constructions of Social Justice Education
- Oppression & Education
- Curriculum Design and Facilitation in Social Justice Education
- Multicultural Group Processes: Self/Other Awareness in groups
- Social Justice Education Teaching & Reflective Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Legal Studies View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Personal statement describing the applicant's prior experience with social justice education, professional objectives relevant to social justice education, and a description of what they hope to achieve through completion of the master’s program
- Official Transcripts
- Full résumé
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least one faculty member)
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.