Miami is home to over 60 international banks and 100 alternative investment companies. The city is an emerging magnet for entrepreneurship, startups, Fintech, hedge funds and private equity. Gain the knowledge base and confidence to make critical decisions for any organization and join the financial leaders of the future.
The Master of Science in Finance at University of Miami develops quantitative and analytical skills demanded in today’s competitive marketplace. Our STEM-oriented curriculum integrates modelling, analytics, information technology, and quantitative methods into all our finance courses and provides the highest quality of training and preparation available only at the top institutions around the world.
Students can apply for a 24-month extension of optional practical training (OPT), extending employment opportunities for international program graduates for up to a total of 36 months.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will acquire the ability to apply appropriate analytical and quantitative models to a wide assortment of decisions encountered by finance professionals.
- Students will acquire the ability to write effectively in order to excel as a professional in the field of finance.
- Students will apply the financial concepts and quantitative and analytical techniques important to their chosen field of specialty, as defined by their Finance Internship (FIN 695) or Finance Capstone Project (FIN 696), in the solution of real-world problems.
- The Public Corporation: Legal Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Critical Thinking and Effective Writing
- Critical Thinking and Effective Writing
- Career Development and Enrichment
- Financial Investment
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Financial Analysis
- Critical Thinking and Effective Speaking
- Quantitative Finance & Market Microstructure
- Financial Decision Making
- 10 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 735 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- A current resume must be submitted with the application.
- Candidates for admission are required to hold a baccalaureate degree.
- International applicants who are applying for graduate programs at the Miami Herbert Business School must have their educational credentials earned outside the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service
- Each applicant is required to submit one letter of recommendation or the online recommendation survey form included within the online application.
- The applicant is required to submit a recent score (less than 5 years old)
International75242 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75242 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
National75242 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75242 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.