Why choose this course?
During the Social Work (Qualifying) Master offered at Queensland University of Technology course students will develop knowledge and expertise in:
- casework and case management practice
- assessment and intervention
- political economy and policy making
- ethical and legal contexts of practice
- theoretical and practice framework that incorporate child wellbeing and mental health contexts
Students are required to attend compulsory on-campus sessions each semester. This includes a requirement to attend sessions during Orientation Week. All commencing students will need to ensure they are available to attend.
- Introduction to Social Work Practice and Contexts
- Communication and Engagement in Professional Contexts
- Health, Wellbeing and the Human Condition
- Theories and Frameworks for Social Work Practice
- Critical and Ethical Practice in Organisations
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
Sem 1 Off shore deadline application - 27.01.2020
DisciplinesSocial Work View 48 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
You must have a completed recognised bachelor degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 (on QUT's 7 point scale) that includes the equivalent of at least one year of full-time studies in social sciences, for example:
- studies in society
- human development
- human services
- media and communication
- urban and regional planning.
International31100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31100 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.