Why choose this course?
During the Social Work - Qualifying course at the Queensland University of Technology students will develop knowledge and expertise in:
- casework and case management practice
- assessment and intervention
- political economy and policy making
- ethical and legal contexts of practice
- theoretical and practice framework that incorporate child wellbeing and mental health contexts
Careers and outcomes
This course is designed for graduates from other disciplines seeking a qualification in social work. It is not suitable for qualified social workers seeking additional postgraduate study.
This innovative course is designed to deliver graduates who can work in a variety of government, non-government, and not-for-profit sectors, either in direct support or outreach services, community development or policy and social advocacy positions.
- Professional Practice
- Communication and Engagement in Professional Contexts
- Health, Wellbeing and the Human Condition
- Theories and Frameworks for Social Work Practice
- Critical and Ethical Practice in Organisations
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 56 other Masters in Sociology in Australia
You must have a completed recognised bachelor degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 (on QUT's 7 point scale) that includes the equivalent of at least one year of full-time studies in social sciences, for example:
- studies in society
- human development
- education• human services
- media and communication
- urban and regional planning
International31100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31100 AUD per year during 24 months.
National8100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.