M.S. Option in Statistics
The Statistics of the University of Massachusetts Amherst also serves as a basis for future work towards a Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics. This program is designed to provide the student with a background in basic theory along with experience in various applications, including computational aspects. As part of their training, students will receive comprehensive exposure to popular statistical software packages. In addition to courses offered within the department, the program allows room for the students to take statistics courses in other departments on campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Computing
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Bayesian Statistics
- Regression Modeling
- Statistical Machine Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 328 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- The University's application form (either paper or online form), with the application fee paid,
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended,
- At least two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement explaining the student's interest in pursuing graduate studies in mathematics or statistics,
- For international applicants: an International Student Financial Statement,
- The following exams scores: the GRE mathematics subject exam score, the GRE general exam scores are strongly recommended, but not required.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.