Coursework focuses on providing the pedagogical knowledge and skills needed for secondary instruction to those with sufficient content knowledge. MAT candidates may apply for certification in math, science, English and/or social studies, and it may be possible to additional endorsements. All coursework is completed online. After the initial two courses, MAT candidates are certified to teach grades 7-12 (candidates can teach grades 5 and 6 if the school where they teach splits students into subject-specific courses. This possibility is dependent on the school district’s structure and policies).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Effective Teaching & Classroom Practices
- Classroom Facilitation and Management
- Advanced Methods
- Assessing Student Learning
- National and State Issues in Education
- Curriculum Construction
- Content Area Literacy
- Diversity of the Adolescent Learner
- Teachers as Leaders
- Educational Research
- Law and Ethics of Education
- Advanced Individual Study (Field Placement)
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1037 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants to the program must meet these requirements:
- Undergraduate degree with significant coursework in the subject you wish to teach.
- 3.0 GPA overall or on last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- 21 ACT composite score, or 990 SAT composite score, or passing scores on the Praxis Core test (Reading: 156, Writing: 162, Math 150)
- Passing score on the Praxis II test in the subject area you wish to teach (Priority for admission given to those who pass by March 1 deadline)
International1361 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1361 USD per credit and a duration of .
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 475 USD per credit and a duration of .
The 2015-16 Special Programs & Scholarships Application is now available. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2015, with a priority date of January 5, 2015.The deadline to apply for admission and scholarships to Lott Leadership has been extended to January 19, 2015.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.