The Literacy Education program at the University of Mississippi provides strong, foundational coursework that builds to 6 hours of internship coursework where candidates function in literacy leadership roles in their schools, districts, and/or communities.
This program is designed for teachers who seek to become more specialized literacy teachers who can serve as reading specialists and literacy coaches or literacy leaders in their schools and districts.
The application deadline for the Literacy Education program is March 1. Classes begin in the Fall.
- Graduates from this program serve as literacy coaches, reading specialists, and more specialized literacy teachers at the school and district levels.
- Early Literacy Development
- Expanding Literacy Development
- Literature for Children and Adolescents
- Msrmnt & Eval for Classroom Teachers
- Literacy Assessment & Intervention
- Advanced Curriculum & Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Literacy Education View 160 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
International25782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25782 USD per year during 24 months.
National25782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25782 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8938 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.