The Literacy Education program at the University of Mississippi provides strong, foundational coursework that builds to 6 hours of internship coursework where candidates function in literacy leadership roles in their schools, districts, and/or communities.
This program is designed for teachers who seek to become more specialized literacy teachers who can serve as reading specialists and literacy coaches or literacy leaders in their schools and districts.
The application deadline for the Literacy Education program is March 1. Classes begin in the Fall.
- Graduates from this program serve as literacy coaches, reading specialists, and more specialized literacy teachers at the school and district levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program is offered on the Oxford campus. This cohort offers two online courses and the other courses utilize multiple formats.
- During the summer semester, courses meet during the daytime hours. However, during the fall and spring semesters, courses meet during the evening hours to accommodate practicing teachers.ats.
- During the summer semester, courses meet during the daytime hours. However, during the fall and spring semesters, courses meet during the evening hours to accommodate practicing teachers.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3564 other Masters in Education in United States
- 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Praxis II Content Scores (6 points higher than MDE Licensure requirement)
- Two (2) Graduate Reference Forms
- Hold or eligible to hold an A educator licensure in content area (elementary ed., special ed., or secondary English, math, science, or social studies)
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24990 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24990 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8718 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.