Why choose this course?
Leading industry professionals are contributors to the development and ongoing sustainment of our programs. They provide insight into emerging trends and are regular guest lecturers and presenters in many of the health, safety and environment subject areas.
You may also access QUT's career mentoring program which connects you with external industry professionals who are able to offer advice and coaching to support your career goals.
Careers and outcomes
The Master of Health, Safety and Environment at the Queensland University of Technology is designed to qualify graduates for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) positions in a wide range of industries.
Position titles include: HSE Advisor, HSE Coordinator, HSE Manager, HSE Auditor and Sustainability Manager.You will gain advanced knowledge and skills to successfully undertake HSE advisory or management roles that encompass OHS and EM, in a wide range of industries and locations.
- Risk Assessment
- Population Health
- Environmental Health Law
- Concepts of Environmental Health
- Food Safety
- Environmental Protection
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Environmental Sciences View 81 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Australia
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 (on QUT's 7 point scale) in any discipline.
Applicants for the environmental health major must satisfy the following requirements:
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 (on QUT's 7 point scale in any discipline; and
- A minimum of 48 credit points (equivalent of one semester full time study) of basic science units that were completed at the bachelor degree level and must include:
- 12 credit points (one subject) of foundation chemistry; and
- 36 credit points in other science areas
International31100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31100 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.