The master degree in Health Professions Education at the University of Missouri - Kansas City is comprised of twelve courses which focus on the application of learning principles to educational practice. All courses emphasize an applied project based on students’ professional experiences.
The educational portfolio serves as an integrative tool across courses, and as a showcase for student accomplishments.
- Interprofessional–For all health education professionals.
- Educational research foundation–Evidence-based decision making.
- Application–Based on solving real instructional problems in health professions education.
- Professional Portfolio–Documents learning goals and accomplishments.
- Summer Health Professions Education Mini-Conference–Student-facilitated health professions education conference.
- Blended–Coursework is blended (includes both classroom and asynchronous online instruction. Most courses require some in-class meetings.)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Issues in Health Professions Education
- Principles and Methods of Research
- Teaching in Health Professions Education
- Assessment in Health Professions Education
- Curriculum Design in Health Professions Education
- Program Evaluation in Health Professions Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UMKC General Application for Admission
- International students should also review the information provided by the International Student Affairs Office.
- Official college/university transcripts,
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (if applicable),
- A one-page goal statement,
- A résumé or CV,
- One letter of recommendation (if applicable).
International19260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 642 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 642 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 406 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.