About Master of Public Administration at the University of Missouri - Kansas City
Career opportunities are numerous, ranging from employment in local, state, national and international governmental and quasi-governmental agencies to employment in health care and nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations.
Never has there been a time of greater opportunity for public service leaders and executives who can apply their knowledge and skills to the most important of leadership and management challenges confronting their organizations and communities.
The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree at University of Missouri - Kansas City and related certificate programs in Nonprofit Management and Innovation and Urban Policy and Management are offered through the Department of Public Affairs.
Students graduating from this program will:
- Lead and manage in the public interest
- Participate in, and contribute to, the public policy process
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make evidence-informed decisions in a complex and dynamic environment
- Articulate, apply, and advance a public service perspective
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and in culturally responsive ways with a diverse and changing workforce and society at large
- Lead in entrepreneurial and innovative ways
- Research Methods In Public Administration
- Financial Accountability And Policy Development
- The Politics Of Administration
- Supervision, Performance Leadership, & Human Resource Management
- Leadership for Public Service
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
International applicants who will require a student visa should apply at least one month before the posted deadlines.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Executive MBA View 679 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Missouri - Kansas City and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants to the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program are considered for admission on the basis of undergraduate cumulative grade point average, resume, personal statement, and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- However, the requirement to complete the GRE is waived for some applicants.
International36036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1092 USD per credit during 12 months.
National13959 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 423 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13959 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 423 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.