Why choose Master of Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies) offered at Queensland University of Technology
You will build skills and knowledge relevant to the specialised third sector and core content is framed by the international Nonprofit Academic Centers Council curriculum.
In undertaking this study area you will also acquire knowledge and skills that are critical to nonprofit management, such as problem solving, creative thinking, negotiation, ethical practices, stakeholder communication, teamwork, leadership, networking, funding and information management. You will also benefit from being part of an active research centre, ACPNS, which is engaged in current research across nonprofit law, accounting, social enterprise, governance, philanthropy, fundraising and other areas.
Developed in consultation with industry, our programs incorporate real-world case analysis, activities and workplace projects. You will also benefit from meaningful connections with industry leaders and practitioners as they share their insights into essential skills and attributes needed for professional practice.
You will learn how to exercise creativity, independent judgement and critical reflection, to plan, design, adapt and implement strategies and solutions that contribute to real world business practice and research.
- CEO Nonprofit Organisation
- Philanthropic Trust Officer
More informationVisit official programme website
- Management for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- Fundraising Development Principles
- Fundraising Development Techniques
- Introduction to Social Enterprise
- Philanthropic and Nonprofit Frameworks of Governance
- Legal Issues for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- Accounting and Finance Issues for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 284 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
As part of QUT's application for admission process, you will be automatically assessed for the 1.5 year program. If you wish to be considered for the 2 year program only, please indicate this on your application form.
1.5 year program
- February and June: A completed recognised bachelor degree in business or related field with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.00 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
- November: Not available
2 year program
- February, June and November: A completed recognised bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
International33100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33100 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28400 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.