Graduate studies in educational psychology explore the application of psychological knowledge to educational issues, theory, and practice. Self-regulated learning, culture, socio-emotional development, motivation, learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders, autism, reading, emerging educational technologies, and methods of investigation are just a sampling of the topics examined in our small dynamic classes.
Many of our doctoral graduates have secured academic positions in major universities and colleges, while other of our doctoral and master’s graduates have assumed or returned to professional roles in schools or government, or are employed in research and development jobs in the private sector.
The Educational Psychology program offered by Simon Fraser University also attracts practicing teachers and resource teachers interested in deepening their content specific understandings of current research and approaches in educational psychology.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary theory and research in educational psychology
- Systems and paradigms in educational psychology
- The neurobiology of language and reading development
- Sociocultural perspectives on the psychology of development and education
- Contemporary issues in learning disabilities
- Social development in the school contex
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 179 other Masters in Education in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3970 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1985 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National3970 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1985 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.