About the Program
Forged by connections to the medical, energy, aerospace, and entertainment industries in the context of Houston and the State of Texas, the Industrial Design program of the University of Houston advocates for a new form of design knowledge that merges theory and practice and provides a new perspective on creativity, product and system development, services, and environment with an emphasis on interdisciplinary studies.
The graduate program offers a new perspective on creativity, product and system development, services and environment with an emphasis on interdisciplinary studies: design for health, design for sustainability, and design for the world community. Before the first term of graduate study, a personalized curriculum is developed to meet a student’s research topic and interdisciplinary study plan. In conjunction with the required courses, elective courses may be taken in the College of Architecture, Bauer College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Hotel Restaurant and Management or other departments and colleges of the university in order to complete a personalized program of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Design Materials
- Design Studies
- Industrial Design Studio
- Advanced Human Factors
- Integrated Design Research
- Computer Aided Industrial Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design General Engineering & Technology View 99 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Online application
- Scanned copies of official transcripts
- Test Scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.) should be sent by the testing agency
- International applicants have to satisfy English proficiency requirements via satisfactory scores on the TOEFL or IELTS standardized exams
- Letters of Recommendation are gathered electronically
- Personal Statement
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Additional/Supplemental Materials
- Application fees are $50 for domestic applicants, $80 for international applicants
- A scanned copy of passport page(s) showing full name, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, photo of the passport holder
- Financial Backing
International12834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6417 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6417 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3369 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.