Why choose Master of Business (Accounting) degree at Queensland University of Technology
The discipline studies are designed to extend your real-world accountancy knowledge and skills. You will be introduced to contemporary issues facing modern businesses such as the impact of international differences in accounting policies and practices, forensics and accounting factors that contribute to an effective governance and accountability framework.
In undertaking this study area you will acquire advanced technical knowledge in such areas as financial statement analysis, management accounting and control, financial forensics and business intelligence. You will exercise your skills in critical thinking, reflection, analysis and judgement to solve real world problems in complex accounting and global business contexts. Working individually and in groups, you will become experienced in professionally and effectively communicating accounting and legal knowledge and advice to diverse audiences.
This course builds on skills and knowledge developed in your undergraduate degree. It will prepare you for roles in the emerging areas of wealth management and financial forensics, business intelligence and investigation and business analysis. You will also be prepared for advanced leadership roles in commerce and industry, government organisations and public practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Planning Principles and Regulation
- Forensic Accounting and Data Analytics
- Accounting for Strategic Decision Making
- Integrated Issues in Professional Practice
- Ethics and Professional Relationships
- External Reporting Issues
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting View 280 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
As part of QUT's application for admission process, you will be automatically assessed for the 1.5 year program. If you wish to be considered for the 2 year program only, please indicate this on your application form.
1.5 year program
- February and July: A completed recognised bachelor degree in accounting with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
- November: A completed recognised Australian or New Zealand bachelor degree in accounting with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
2 year program
- February, July and November:A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher) in accounting with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
International33100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33100 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28400 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.