Why choose Master of Business (Accounting) Offered at Queensland University of Technology course?
The discipline studies are designed to extend your real-world accountancy knowledge and skills. You will be introduced to contemporary issues facing modern businesses such as the impact of international differences in accounting policies and practices, forensics and accounting factors that contribute to an effective governance and accountability framework.
In undertaking this study area you will acquire advanced technical knowledge in such areas as financial statement analysis, management accounting and control, financial forensics and business intelligence. You will exercise your skills in critical thinking, reflection, analysis and judgement to solve real world problems in complex accounting and global business contexts. Working individually and in groups, you will become experienced in professionally and effectively communicating accounting and legal knowledge and advice to diverse audiences.
This course builds on skills and knowledge developed in your undergraduate degree. It will prepare you for roles in the emerging areas of wealth management and financial forensics, business intelligence and investigation and business analysis. You will also be prepared for advanced leadership roles in commerce and industry, government organisations and public practice.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Forensic Accounting and Data Analytics
- Accounting for Strategic Decision Making
- Integrated Issues in Professional Practice
- External Reporting Issues
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
Sem 1 Off shore deadline application - 27.01.2020
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting View 111 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
- As part of QUT's application for admission process, you will be automatically assessed for the 1.5 year program. If you wish to be considered for the 2 year program only, please indicate this on your application form.
- Master of Business - 1.5 year program
- A completed recognised Australian or New Zealand bachelor degree in accounting with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
- Master of Business - 2 year program
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher) in accounting with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
International31700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31700 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National27200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Next year fee for national- $28,400
- Next year fee for international- $33,100
- National fee is Commonwealth supported fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.