The interdisciplinary nature of the Materials Science and Engineering program at The University of Texas at Arlington enables students to pursue research opportunities in diverse areas, and to pursue a successful career in a broad range of leading-edge industries. The program also prepares students for additional studies at the doctoral level.
Candidates for a Master of Science degree will gain mastery knowledge on properties of metals, polymers, ceramics, composite materials, or electronic materials, as well as a number of other areas.
- Analysis of Materials
- Solid State Physics and Thermodynamics of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Phase Transformations of Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 15 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Ireland
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work in an appropriate engineering or science discipline. (For some international applicants where GPA calculation based on a 4.0 scale is not performed, a minimum performance level of 70 percentile is expected. This minimum expectation may be higher for some countries, where less stringent grading criteria are used.) Performance in core materials-related courses is of particular importance.
- A GRE score of at least 146 (verbal) and 155 (quantitative). For those applicants whose GRE verbal score falls below 146, high TOEFL scores may be considered to offset the GRE verbal score.
- Three favorable, veracious recommendations, via the university’s recommendation form or via recommendation letter.
- A Statement of Purpose detailing the applicant’s background, education, professional goals, technical interests, and research interests.
International23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
National23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11044 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.