The Exercise and Nutrition Science (Dublin) programme offered by the University of Chester aims to provide postgraduate education and training opportunities for exercise, nutrition and health professionals, and provide opportunities for those aspiring to work in this high-profile field.
Why study this course with us?
The aims of this postgraduate course are for you to develop:
- a critical understanding of the concepts and controversies in exercise and nutrition science
- a scientific and enquiring approach to the study of contemporary exercise and nutrition issues
- research skills for the critical investigation of exercise and nutrition topics.
The course is highly flexible, allowing you to study part time to suit your personal and work commitments. Flexibility is achieved through the delivery of modules over three-day blocks followed by eight weeks of home-based learning. This allows students nationally and internationally to attend the course.
Our course is delivered by a team of experienced academics and also practitioners who work in high-profile areas.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physiology & Physical Performance
- Physiology & Biochemistry of Metabolism
- Science of Weight Control
- Nutrition in Health and Disease
- Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Sports Nutrition
- Exercise and Health
- Independent Study (Exercise Science)
- Independent Study (Nutrition)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 28 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Ireland
- The course is open to applicants with a honours degree in a related subject area, or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with relevant work experience, background knowledge and skills.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8460 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.