The Global China Studies – Elective profile of International Relations programme of Aalborg University will provide students with a complex understanding of the role China plays in today’s globalized world. You will be introduced to both Chinese and Western perspectives on China’s rise and its implications for global governance from both national and transnational vantage points. Focus will be on political, economic and cultural aspects of China’s engagement with the world, and will include themes such as:
- Chinese self-perception, Chinese perceptions of international relations and global perceptions of China
- China’s political system with a specific focus on Chinese foreign policy
- China’s position in the current international world order and China’s engagement with international institutions
- China’s role in the global economy and international businessChina’s relationship with specific countries or regions, i.e. the EU, the United States of America, Africa and China’s East Asian neighbors.
- People-to-people contact and the role of non-state actors in China’s international engagement
Get help at AAU to start your career in Denmark
AAU Career helps you on your way from student life to job life in Denmark by giving you the tools to examine your options and find out what to do.
While studying at AAU, you can participate in career and job-related events, find help on our website, and book a personal career counselling session to talk about e.g.:
- Finding your way in your career
- Danish working culture
- Application and CV the Danish way
- What you can offer an employer
- How to go about job search in Denmark – both student job, internship and full-time job
- Chinese politics, culture and society
- Global perspectives on China's development
- China's role in the world
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 14 other Masters in International Relations in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To enroll in the CAS specialization, you have to apply to one of the following MA programs:
- Development and International Relations
- European Studies
- Culture, Communication & Globalization
Applicants applying for Master's programmes at Aalborg University must submit results of an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from outside EU/EEA are required to pay tuition fees in order to study at Aalborg University.
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.