The Environmental Health program from University at Albany gives you the opportunity to work closely with faculty actively working on major environmental public health research projects.
Learn how to collect and analyze environmental public health data and gain advanced skills through hands-on research on the Health Sciences Campus and in the Wadsworth Center labs of the New York State Department of Health.
As a graduate of this environmental health sciences program, you’ll be prepared for academic, technical, professional, and supervisory careers in higher education institutions, public health organizations, NGOs, government research agencies, medical centers and hospitals, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Sample job titles: consumer safety officer; sanitary engineer; health and safety manager; toxicologist; environmental scientist; water and soil analyst.
- Principles of Public Health
- Principles of Environmental Chemistry
- Principles of Toxicology
- Environmental Health
- Current Literature in Environmental Health and Toxicology
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 2118 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Grade point average of 3.00 or better
- A combined total of at least 42 credits in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics
- Prior research experience, either through an undergraduate experience, enhanced summer research, or post-baccalaureate degree
- Suggested minimum GRE score of 300 combined verbal and quantitative; 4.0 writing
- Applicants are reviewed in the context of academic preparation and performance, potential for success, fit for the graduate program, as well as potential match with mentor
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.