As you move through the 49-credit MPA curriculum and complete your professional internship, in the Public Administration and Policy program of University at Albany you learn how to successfully oversee projects, support and motivate teams, improve organizational performance, and monitor policy impact to help solve complex socioeconomic problems.
Career Paths in Public Administration
98% of Rockefeller MPA graduates are employed within one year of graduation.
Alumni job titles include: policy director, program analyst, finance manager, grant writer, health program coordinator, budget examiner, lobbying associate.
Recent graduates have held internships or found full-time jobs in the following organizations:
- Homeland Security Jobs: New York State Office of Counter Terrorism; NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services; Central Intelligence Agency, New York State Intelligence Center, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Intelligence and Policy), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Drug Enforcement Administration, Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center, U.S. military intelligence.
- Local Government Jobs: City of Springfield, Massachusetts, Downtown Albany Business Improvement District; Schenectady County Government.
- State Government Jobs: New York State Assembly Ways and Means Committee; New York State Department of Civil Service; New York State Senate Finance Committee.
- Federal Government Jobs: Government Accountability Office; Social Security Administration; U.S. Housing and Urban Development.
- Public Finance Jobs: Moody’s; New York State Division of the Budget; Public Financial Management Group, NYS Assembly Ways and Means Committee, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, U.S. Agency for International Development.
- Health Care Policy Jobs: New York State Association of Health Care Providers; U.S. Department of Health & Human Services; U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Nonprofit Management Jobs: American Red Cross; Community Builders; Hope International, Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless, Adirondack Council, Habitat for Humanity, Neighborhood Preservation Coalition, Family Planning Advocates of New York State.
- Policy Analysis Jobs: Business Council of New York State, United University Professions - Legislation and Research Department, Rockefeller Institute of Government, Booz Allen Hamilton, Congressional Research Service.
- Information Management Jobs: U.S. Department of State, U.S. Government Accountability Office, U.S. Veterans Administration, NYS Governor's Office of Employee Relations, NYS Comptroller, NYS Office of the Attorney General, NYS Education Department, NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, Center for Technology in Government, National Center for Security & Preparedness, SUNY Research Foundation.
- Institutional Foundations of Public Administration
- Public and Nonprofit Financial Management
- Principles of Public Economics
- Data Models and Decisions
- Statistics for Public Managers and Policy Analysts
- Foundations of Public Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 746 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Completed Degree Application
- $75 Application Fee
- Official transcripts of all schools attended
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Goals
- GRE scores
International11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 12 months.
National11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.