About this Dual Degree
The dual program saves the student approximately 15 credit hours (one semester) over the time that would be required to earn both degrees independently.
The establishment of the dual program recognizes the increasingly complex body of knowledge necessary to the creative conduct of business and business-related law practice, the complementary nature of many aspects of the graduate programs of the College of Law and the Haslam College of Business, and the intellectual benefits inherent in the concurrent study of both business and business-related law.
The Dual JD-MBA Program, Law - Business Administration program from University of Tennessee Knoxville is designed to accommodate the interests of students who contemplate a career in public service and want to acquire the skills and perspective of the lawyer and the business-oriented manager, contemplate a career in business management and want to acquire the skills and perspective of a lawyer, or contemplate a career as a lawyer specializing in business-related law and want to acquire the skills and perspective of the business-oriented manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law: See the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence.
- Business Administration: See the requirements for the Master of Business Administration.
- The College of Law will award up to 9 credit hours of credit toward the JD for acceptable performance in approved graduate- level courses offered by the Haslam College of Business.
- The Haslam College of Business will award up to 6 credit hours toward the MBA for acceptable performance in approved courses offered in the College of Law.
- The approval of courses is the responsibility of the student’s assigned advisors.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Law Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 82 other Masters in Business Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the JD-MBA program must make separate application to, and be competitively and independently accepted by: the College of Law for the JD, the Office of Graduate Admissions and the Haslam College of Business for the MBA degree, and by the Dual Program Committee
- Students who have been accepted by both colleges may apply for approval to pursue the dual program any time prior to or after matriculation in either or both colleges. Such approval will be granted, provided that dual program studies are started prior to entry into the last 28 credit hours of JD course work and prior to the third semester of the MBA program.
- Students interested in entering the dual degree program should submit a letter of application to the Dual Program Committee.
International38842 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38842 USD per year during 48 months.
National38842 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38842 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State20168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20168 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.