About this Degree
Students seeking the Master of Science degree with a major in environmental and soil sciences will generally concentrate their studies in one of the environmental and soil sciences focus areas: soil and water chemistry; nutrient and elemental cycling; land management and reclamation; pedology, genesis, and classification; environmental climatology; soil biology and biochemistry; and soil physical processes. Environmental and Soil Sciences is offered at University of Tennessee Knoxville.
Since 1897, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has been continuously accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
- A minimum of 24 credit hours of graduate coursework is required in the program of study, exclusive of 6 credit hours of 500 Thesis.
- ESS 503 Seminar (1 credit hour), taken three times during the program of study (totaling 3 credit hours), the last of which must be in the student’s final semester before graduation
- 9 credit hours of Environmental and Soil Sciences (ESS), excluding 500-level courses numbered ESS 500, ESS 502, and ESS 503
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Domestic applicants may apply up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the desired term of entry
DisciplinesSoil Science Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 74 other Masters in Soil Science in United States
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEEA). A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be granted by a recognized or accredited foreign institution.
- United States degree holders must have earned a minimum of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. If you have completed previous graduate coursework, you must have earned a minimum of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 GPA.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a ‘B’ average.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.