About this Civil Engineering Degree from University of Tennessee Knoxville
Either option must be approved by the student’s major professor.
A minimum of 30 credit hours of approved graduate courses, including 6 credit hours of thesis and 24 credit hours of coursework. A minimum of 15 credit hours of approved civil engineering coursework is required. A minor may be selected but is not required.
A minimum of 30 credit hours of approved graduate courses is required, which may include a three-hour special problems course to be completed under the direction of the student’s major professor. A minor may be selected but is not required. All non-thesis MS students are required to take a culminating written examination.
The department offers two seminar series: CE 539 Geotechnology Seminar and CE 550 Transportation seminar. Full-time graduate students may be required to register for the appropriate seminar and attend. Part-time students are encouraged to register and attend the seminar. Seminar hours may not be applied towards degree requirements.
- For more information please visit the university's website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Domestic applicants may apply up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the desired term of entry
DisciplinesArchitecture Project Management Civil Engineering & Construction View 289 other Masters in Project Management in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Tennessee Knoxville and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEEA). A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be granted by a recognized or accredited foreign institution.
- United States degree holders must have earned a minimum of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. If you have completed previous graduate coursework, you must have earned a minimum of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 GPA.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a ‘B’ average.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.