Students pursue a program appropriately balanced between theory and methods. Along with a solid foundation in the theory of statistics, you will gain substantial knowledge in statistical methodology and statistical computing. In addition, 18 credits taken toward the completion of the degree will be chosen from graduate business elective courses in consultation with the director of graduate studies.
At the end of the program, students will pass a comprehensive written exam and be prepared for careers as professional statisticians in industry, research organizations or government.
Areas of Study
Possible areas of specialization within the Master of Science in Statistics program at Temple University include:
- data science, and
- most areas of statistical theory and method.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability and Statistics Theory I
- Probability and Statistics Theory II
- Statistical Methods I
- Statistical Methods II
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 473 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In 500 to 1,000 words, describe your specific interest in Temple's program, research goals, career goals, and academic and research achievements.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume or CV is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International38280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State34260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1142 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.