The Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering program at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology enables students to hone their understanding of and expertise in product development, process and energy integration, waste minimization and treatment, material sciences, biomolecular science, and biochemical processes.
This program is a gateway for students to learn from our professors with diverse knowledge and research experience in the field gained from the top engineering institutions from around the world.
Students are required to complete a total of 30 credits of coursework, made up of at least 12 credits of foundation courses and 6 credits of elective courses. Students who do not possess a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering will be required to take at least 15 credits of foundation courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice in Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Advanced Separation Processes
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Polymer and Materials Characterization Techniques
- Polymer Physics and Advanced Applications
- Advanced Biochemical Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification.
- A bachelor's degree with second class honors in Chemical Engineering or a related area
- Students who do not possess a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering background will be required to take at least five foundation courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18735 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National18735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18735 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Spring intake full-time study fee is HK$147,000 and part-time study fee is HK$120,000 respectively.
- Fall intake full-time study fee is HK$155,000 and part-time study fee is HK$135,000 respectively.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.