This program in Higher Education Management at the University of Pittsburgh provides students with the professional competencies, experiential learning, and personal development needed to serve in entry-level positions in a variety of offices and departments that serve students in higher education.
Our curriculum centers equity and justice through practitioner-oriented coursework.
- Pursue academic excellence through coursework based on the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies that gets you ready for real-world work with today’s college students in a range of postsecondary settings.
- Translate classroom learning to practice through internship/assistantship experiences that prepare you for your first professional position post-degree.
- Grow alongside a supportive cohort and enhance your professional network by co-constructing knowledge through a prescribed sequence of core courses with similarly-situated scholar-learners who become your first colleagues in the profession.
- Engage and personally connect with faculty experienced in the field of higher education and student affairs through personalized advising and receive guided support throughout your first job search.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Justice in Higher Education Settings
- Ethical Issues in Higher Education
- Student, Campus, and Society
- Comparative Higher Education
- Culture, Innovation, and Organization Performance
- 24 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3597 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- a Goal statement,
- your resume or curriculum vita, and
- contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
Your online application must include
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19949 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19949 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11765 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.