This Theory and Practice - Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Montana State University Billings is not applicable for teacher licensure. Students pursuing degrees in this program area will have an Advisory Committee, which consists of faculty from at least two departments. The Advisory Committee will meet with the student and approve the program of study.
Most of the courses in this program are offered in the evening and some are offered online allowing for flexible completion of the program.
Reasons to Choose MSUB for this Degree
- Allows you to self-design a program of study that fits your unique needs
- Allows you to combine coursework from several different disciplines
- Provides an opportunity for you to meet the evolving demand for unique graduate study
- Allows you to develop a curriculum that supports individual learner-centered study
- Flexible course offerings including online and evenings
School districts that have hired graduates
- Billings School District #2
- Billings Catholic Schools
- Hot Springs Co. School District, Thermopolis, WY
- Laurel Public Schools
- Fairview Public Schools
- Big Timber Public Schools
- Hardin School District
- Lavina Public Schools
- Park City Schools
- Mesa Public Schools, Mesa, AZ
- Research Design and Interpretation
- Advanced Human Development and Learning
- Critical Issues in Education
- Thesis or
- Directed Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: MSU Billings has rolling admission, this means prospective students may apply at any time.
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 226 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Graduate GPA (if applicable) of at least 3.0
- Completed Graduate Record Examination
- Complete Graduate Student Application
- Submit Official Transcripts from all Institutions Attended
- Payment of Nonrefundable $40 Application Fee
- Submit Admission Test Scores - GRE
International12010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12010 USD per year during 24 months.
National12010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12010 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6530 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Billings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The annual Graduate Studies Endowment Scholarships in honor of Drs. C. Robert Waterman, Helen Wilson and Robert McRae will be awarded in the spring. Outstanding graduate students will receive $1,000 each for the academic year as Waterman, Wilson and McRae Scholars. Need or current financial aid will not be considered in making these awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.