The focus on nuclear operations and safety not only fulfills a recognized educational need, but is also designed to take advantage of unique industrial resources in the Pittsburgh area.
Our Nuclear Engineering faculty from University of Pittsburgh nuclear scientists and engineers with decades of experience in the commercial nuclear power industry and naval nuclear programs. The nuclear science area provides courses necessary to support a graduate-level research program. Finally, the NE program offers courses in nuclear systems and policy, for example, we have a courses on codes and standards for the nuclear industry and on nuclear plant management.
The objectives of the nuclear engineering graduate program are:
- To develop the basic competencies needed by science and engineering graduates to contribute quickly and effectively to the renaissance of nuclear science and technology in the United States and abroad.
- To create a benchmark educational program that can serve as a model throughout academia.
- To provide graduate students research opportunities in support of issues important to the nuclear power industry and related technologies.
- Fundamentals of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Core Dynamics
- Nuclear Plant Dynamics and Control
- Nuclear Plant Systems with the Reactor Core
- Nuclear Operations Safety
- Integrated Nuclear Power Plant Operations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mathematics Nuclear Engineering View 16 other Masters in Nuclear Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters Of Reference: Applicants must have their reference letters submitted electronically as part of the online admissions application process.
- Transcripts: Applicants are required to upload academic records from each academic institution (undergraduate and/or graduate) attended. Official, original academic credentials that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. These will be considered unofficial copies.
- GRE Scores
- English Language Proficiency Exam (International Applicants Only)
International46952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46952 USD per year during 24 months.
National46952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46952 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State27684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27684 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.