At the University of Pittsburgh, the department offers Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs in Materials Science Engineering. At the MS level, research and professional tracks are available. Graduate courses are typically offered in the evening, which facilitates part-time study.
The programs are oriented toward the transition of results from scientific and engineering disciplines to the solution of materials problems that impede technological progress. They are designed to educate engineers, providing them with the tools to become successful in research, development, production, management, and teaching.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureSome of the ongoing research programs are centered in several areas of advanced ceramics and metallurgy, including the following:
- Corrosion and oxidation
- High-temperature materials
- Magnetic materials
- Phase transformations in metallic and ceramic systems
- Plastic deformation of metals and alloys
- Thermomechanical processing of steels and other alloys
- Thermodynamic properties of materials
- Ceramic processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 209 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to submit official, original academic records from each academic institution (undergraduate and/or graduate) attended.
- In addition, in cases where the grade reports, academic record, examination results, or transcript do not attest to the awarding of a degree or other academic qualification, a certified copy of the original certificate or diploma awarding the degree or qualification must be submitted.
- Official, original academic credentials, certificates, or diplomas that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Personal copies of your records will not be regarded as official.
International45808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45808 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National45808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45808 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27010 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.