Students enrolling in the distance education program in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling come to the Montana State University Billings campus for two classes, REHA 523 Advanced Group Counseling and REHA 590 Prepracticum. These classes are offered summer semester as a hybrid, with three on campus days and the balance online to accommodate working professionals. Practicum and internship experiences can be arranged in local communities with the availability of a qualified supervisor and site. New MSCRMHC students participate in a New Student orientation session during their first year of study.
5 Reasons to Choose MSUB for this Degree
- Flexible course offerings including online and evenings
- Fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Graduates find employment in many social service settings
- Strong Practicum and Internship component
- WICHE eligible
Graduates of the program have found employment in state and federal agencies, community based rehabilitation and mental health centers, hospitals and rehabilitation facilities, schools and universities, and other private and public social service organizations.
MSU Billings' Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program meets the educational requirements necessary to seek licensure/certification in the State of Montana. Information on licensure/certification in other States can be found on the MSUB Provost's web-page.
Graduates from the MSRMHC program often find work as:
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Mental Health Counselors
- Chemical Dependency Counselors
According to career outcomes surveys for MSU Billings Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling master’s graduates, 100% are employed in their field within 9 months of graduation, and recent graduates report an average salary of $41,114.
The program is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) for Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Principles of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Individual and Family Response to Disability
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Theories of Counseling
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Multicultural/Gender Issues in Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: MSU Billings has rolling admission, this means prospective students may apply at any time.
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 608 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Application fee - $40 for paper applications.
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of English proficiency
- Submit your transcripts
- Submit a course by course transcript evaluation
- Submit a personal statement
- Submit your resume (CV)
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submit entrance examination scores, e.g., Graduate Records Exam (GRE), if required by the admitting department
International12010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12010 USD per year during 36 months.
National12010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12010 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State6530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6530 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Billings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The annual Graduate Studies Endowment Scholarships in honor of Drs. C. Robert Waterman, Helen Wilson and Robert McRae will be awarded in the spring. Outstanding graduate students will receive $1,000 each for the academic year as Waterman, Wilson and McRae Scholars. Need or current financial aid will not be considered in making these awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.