The Syracuse University MPA is a 40-credit professional graduate degree designed to prepare students to lead and manage in the public sector.
Created nearly 90 years ago, it is one of the nation's first professional programs in public management and policy, and it is consistently ranked as the best public administration program in the United States.
Maxwell houses the Public Administration within a school of social sciences. This creates a unique legacy of interdisciplinary research and an unusually broad context for the study of public policy analysis and management. As a result, the skills gained from a Maxwell MPA prove highly transferable. They serve a varied career lasting a lifetime.
The core requirements of the MPA degree are balanced along three lines: policy analysis, public management, and public context. The nine core courses include a concerted focus on public affairs, public budgeting, public administration and democracy, public organizations and management, economics for public decisions, and executive leadership and policy politics.
Syracuse University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Maxwell MPA Program Core Courses:
- Public Affairs Colloquium
- Public Budgeting
- Public Administration and Democracy
- Public Organizations and Management
- Economics for Public Decisions
- Introduction to Statistics
- Quantitative Analysis
- MPA Workshop
- Executive Leadership and Policy Politics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 666 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- $75 application fee
- Personal Statement
- Resume (preferred) or CV
- The GRE is no longer required for application to any of our PAIA master's degree programs
- MPA: GRE recommended*
- MAIR and PDGC: GRE optional**
- English Proficiency Exam - TOEFL / IELTS score (international students only)
- Transcripts - Official transcripts are not required at time of application, but will be necessary for matriculation into the program.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International30294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30294 USD per year during 12 months.
National30294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30294 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.