The Athletic Training program at Montana State University Billings prepares students for the Board of Certification Examination (BOC). The curriculum is based upon cognitive and psychomotor learning experiences.
In order to become eligible to sit for the BOC examination, students within this major must complete all of the course work within the professional areas, as well as accumulate competencies, proficiencies and a minimum clinical experience each semester over the two-year (6 semesters), program. The program begins in the third summer session.
Athletic Trainers Find Employment in the Following Settings:
- High schools
- Colleges and Universities
- Professional Sports
- Corporate/Industrial Offices
- Outpatient Physician and Rehabilitation Clinics
- Military and Public Safety
According to career outcomes surveys for MSU Billings Athletic Training master’s graduates, 93% are employed in their field within 9 months of graduation, and recent graduates report an average salary of $38,000.
The athletic training program has been granted initial accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, CAATE.
- Athletic Training Techniques
- Lower Extremity Assessment
- Evidence Based Assessment
- Practicum in Athletic Training
- Nutrition for Sports & Exercise
- Clinical Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
National: rolling admission
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1933 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (a GPA below a 3.0 may be considered)
- Standardized graduate admission test (GRE or equivalent) if GPA is below 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and professional sources concerning the candidate’s potential to succeed in graduate school. At least one letter must be from a certified athletic trainer.
- It is recommended but not required to obtain a minimum of 25-50 contact hours with a certified athletic trainer.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended.
- An essay stating why you want to be an athletic trainer, career goals, and the attributes you possess that will make you successful in life and in athletic training.
- Completed application form and submission of application fee
International16274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16274 USD per year during 24 months.
National18570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18570 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6420 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Billings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.