The College of Engineering and the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at University of North Texas work on innovative, futuristic ideas from the development of stealth, unmanned vehicles to compostable plastic packaging and new energy-efficient lighting materials.
With small class sizes, you’ll work closely with nationally recognized faculty members on research projects to solve complex problems, many of which lead to exiting internship opportunities.
The department has several labs and groups including:
- Advanced Metallic Materials Laboratory
- Center for Friction Stir Welding
- Computational Materials Modeling Group
- Functional Glasses and Materials Modeling Laboratory
- Laboratory for Electronic Materials and Devices
- Laboratory for Moving Mechanical Assemblies
- Laboratory of Advanced Polymers and Optimized Materials
- Materials Synthesis and Processing Laboratory
- Optoelectronics and Thin Film Materials Laboratory
- Polymer Mechanical and Rheological Laboratory
- UNT Materials Research Facility
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You’ll learn all aspects of modern materials and their characterization including metals, ceramics, polymers and electronic and optical materials
You’ll have many opportunities to develop highly marketable skills in areas such as:
- Biomedical Microelectronics
- Chemical Energy
- Modeling and simulations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 233 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- College transcripts
- CV or résumé detailing educational and professional experiences
- Personal statement describing your laboratory, field or applied interests; career plans; and how the program can serve to further these interests and plans
- Three letters of recommendation
International30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30164 USD per year during 12 months.
National30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30164 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.