- Many UK students receive support from the NHS Social Work Bursary Scheme which can help significantly with study and living costs.
- The strong relationships with a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies mean that we can provide you with high-quality placements.
- We are one of the founding members of the Humber Social Work Teaching Partnership, giving you access to the biggest employer of social work practitioners in the area.
Social workers operate within the context of relationships to support individuals, groups and communities to realise their potential. You’ll be an advisor, counsellor and listener, engaging with service users and their families, whilst liaising closely with organisations such as the police, NHS, schools, probation and the voluntary sector.
As well as social worker, you could pursue a range of other careers, such as mental health practitioner, drug practitioner, community worker, welfare rights advisor, youth justice officer and housing officer.
Some graduates choose to embark upon postgraduate study to enhance their skills in therapeutic practice or research, and some return to the University of Hull to complete doctorates in social work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social, Political and Organisational Context of Social Work
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Critical Approaches to Mental Health
- Child and Family Social Work
- Social Work with Adults
- Specialisms in Practice
- First Placement
- Social Work Research and Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You can apply for a postgraduate course at any time. There are no specific deadlines but you need to take into account the start date of your course and all the arrangements you need to make in preparation for the start of your programme with us.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 243 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or a 2:1 degree (or international equivalent) in any subject. Applicants with a 2:2 may be considered in certain circumstances. In addition, you must have at least GCSE grade C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent, such as Functional Skills Level 2 English or Functional Skills Level 2 Maths).
- Experience of working in a helping capacity would be an advantage.
- This course requires academic IELTS 7.5 overall with 7.0 in each skill.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6100 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.