You will learn to analyse and visualise rich data sources, how to spot data trends, and to generate data management strategies. The coursework has been designed with industry including the Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia and the leader in business analytics software – SAS.
Your career after the Data Science degree from University of South AustraliaThe field of data science field is evolving at a rapid rate. It will continue to grow as savvy business leaders integrate analytics into every facet of their organisation. Analytics, science, data, and reasoning are becoming embedded into decision-making processes, every day and everywhere in the business world.Careers to consider:
- Statistician – As a statistician, your responsibilities include but not limited to is to conduct analyse on data, create projections and interpretations. You will be relied upon to produce statistical inferences based on data collected or available in the organisation. In addition, you might be responsible for new projects and requesting certain datasets. It will be assumed that you have a strong background in statistics, and can create statistical models and apply techniques to make good business decisions.
- Data Modeller/Architect – As a data modeller or architect, your responsibilities are concentrated around modelling situations and deducing outcomes by using data. You may be consider an architect in the company since you will build systems both statistically and IT facing to solve problems and model current operations. This will require you to have an in-depth knowledge of databases, predictive analytics and advanced mathematical techniques to solve problems.
- Big Data Basics
- Statistical Programming for Data Science
- Statistics for Data Science
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Visualisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 65 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 079912G
- Applicants to the Master of Data Science will normally have:
- a Bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution with a minimum of one year of full-time study in Mathematics or Information Technology or Data Science or a combination thereof; OR
- a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Data Science or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution.
International34800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.