This Social Work degree from University of South Australia will provide you with a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills essential for social work practice, including an advanced understanding of:
- Social work values
- Ethics and identity
- Human rights
- Current social issues
- Mental health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
- Child protection
- Cross cultural practice
A key focus is on the development of critical thinking skills to prepare graduates for leadership and innovation in the field of human services. You will also gain valuable practical experience as part of the field education placement component.
Social work requires a strong commitment to and passion for social justice and human rights.
Careers to consider:
- Aged care worker: provide personal, physical and emotional support to older people who need assistance with everyday living
- Community development officer: employed by a city, neighbourhood or other municipality to ensure the growth, health and vitality of a region
- Correctional services officer: aid in the rehabilitation and counselling of offenders
- Domestic violence victim services officer: counsel, investigate and report on incidences of domestic violence
- Disability services officer: provide support for people in the community with intellectual, physical, social and emotional disabilities
- Social planner: a pivotal role in creating liveable, sustainable communities; social planners create strategic policy and action that policy in order to meet the needs and wants of the people
- Effective Human Service Delivery
- Contemporary Practice Theories for Social Work
- Social Work Practice Skills
- Aboriginal Health and Wellbeing
- Social Work in the Australian Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Public Policy View 59 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 064242G
- A completed bachelor degree or master level qualification in a related discipline (including, but not limited to, human services, community services, social science, psychology, Australian Indigenous or Aboriginal studies, public or community health) from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent. Selection will be competitive and based on Grade Point Average.
- Applicants holding a completed Australian bachelor or master level qualification in Social Work are not eligible for entry.
International31900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31900 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.