- Gain advanced knowledge and understanding of current social issues, social work values and ethics.
- Get practical experience and build pivotal networks with supervised local, rural and international work placements.
- Build your practical skills in our innovative, on-campus Social Work Studios.
- Gain advanced research skills.
- Learn from award-winning researchers in their field, at a university that is recognised for its world-class research in psychology and social work.
- This Social Work degree from University of South Australia is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
Social work requires a strong commitment to and passion for social justice and human rights. If you think you’ve got what it takes the employment opportunities in Australia are excellent and the demand for graduates is high1, with graduating students quickly finding work in a range of fields.
Careers to consider:
- aged care worker: provide personal, physical and emotional support to older people who need assistance with everyday living
- correctional services officer: aid in the rehabilitation and counselling of offenders
- domestic violence victim services officer: counsel, investigate and report on incidences of domestic violence
- disability services officer: provide support for people in the community with intellectual, physical, social and emotional disabilities
- social planner: a pivotal role in creating liveable, sustainable communities; social planners create strategic policy and action that policy in order to meet the needs and wants of the people
- Effective Human Service Delivery
- Contemporary Practice Theories for Social Work
- Social Work Practice Skills
- Aboriginal Health and Wellbeing
- Social Work in the Australian Context
- Social Work Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- If you require a student visa, you will need to allow additional time to apply for a student visa.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 48 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
CRICOS CODE: 064242G
- A completed Bachelor degree or Master level qualification in a related discipline (including, but not limited to, human services, community services, social science, psychology, Australian Indigenous or Aboriginal studies, public or community health) at a recognised higher education institution or equivalent.
- Applicants holding a completed Australian bachelor or master level qualification in Social Work are not eligible for entry.
International30300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30300 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Commonwealth supported students are charged a portion of the cost of their higher education through a student contribution. The Australian Government also contributes to part of the cost, through the Commonwealth contribution.The Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) allows eligible students to defer their student contribution (through HECS-HELP) and repay it later through the taxation system. Some Commonwealth supported students are not eligible for HECS-HELP.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.