- Why study Media Technology at Malmö University?
The media landscape is in a state of constant change, and new media are being used and developed in an increasing amount of contexts. This one-year master’s programme provides you with the knowledge to manage and understand media technology, an interdisciplinary and rapidly changing field. Media technology focuses on the development and management of current and emerging media technologies in relation to relevant social, economic and cultural contexts. As a student, you will be able to learn how to work proactively in a changing market, from technological, business oriented and user-centred perspectives.
The Media Technology: Strategic Media Development programme from Malmö University provides you with the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the theoretical and practical preconditions under which new media technologies evolve and are applied to management and decision-making in business contexts. You will develop skills required for working strategically, innovative and change-oriented with new media technologies. You will be able to think and act strategically about issues related to new media development, including; online streaming services, augmented reality and multi-channel publishing.
- Media Technology in Malmö
This master’s programme works closely with the business sector and provides you with competences highly requested in the media industry. Developed to meet the needs in this field you will have the opportunity to focus on, and deepen your knowledge of different aspects of media development.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Theorizing Media Technology
- Prototyping Media Technology
- Researching Media Technology
- Decision Making in Media Technology
- Media Technology: Master's (One Year) Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia View 8 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Sweden
General requirementsAdmission requirements:
- Degree of bachelor in Media Technology or in a related field. Examples of relevant degrees include, but are not limited to: computer science, informatics, information systems, human-computer interaction, interaction design, media/IT management, game development, media and communication studies and digital cultural studies. All degrees must be equivalent to at least 180 higher education credits.
- The equivalent of English 6/English B in Swedish secondary school.
- credits 100%
International10459 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10459 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Full tuition fee: 110.000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.