You will be immersed in real-world challenges and have access to industry placements, overseas study tours and elective courses to suit your personal and professional development needs. During your studies you will develop an advanced understanding of business and management and graduate with the capabilities to be a successful leader and decision-maker in any business setting.
You will benefit from a range of experience-based learning opportunities, including overseas study trips and business mentorships with a senior business leader through the Executive Partners Program. Our summer and winter schools offer exciting study and learning opportunities, with options such as intensives and internships. You can also spread your study load across the year, increase your exchange opportunities or fast track your degree.
Your career after the Tourism and Event Management degree from University of South AustraliaWith a Master of Management (Tourism and Event Management) from UniSA, your specialist skills and advanced knowledge will be welcomed across a broad range of industries. You will graduate equipped to be a leader and decision-maker, ready to operate at senior levels of an organisation in roles such as:
- Attractions coordinator: conducting daily safety audits; enhancing guest experiences; providing leadership and direction to members in operations; promoting teamwork, and assisting teams in meeting quality and quantity standards
- Business development manager: working to improve an organisation’s market position and financial growth; defining strategic goals, building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, implementing marketing initiatives
- Community development officer: maximising the use of local facilities through the development of programs, creating partnerships, and working with the community; developing initiatives for local residents to improve wellbeing and enhance quality of life
- Conference coordinator: liaising with contractors and suppliers; organising equipment and programmes; assisting on-site throughout the event; using strong organisational and managerial skills to ensure smooth execution conferences
- Business Ethics
- People, Leadership and Performance
- Strategic Concepts
- The Business of Tourism
Sustainable Destination Management
- Festival and Event Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesManagement Studies Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 14 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS CODE: 091990C
- Applicants are required to have one of the following:
- A completed bachelor degree in a business related discipline from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent; or
- A completed bachelor degree which includes a major in business, commerce, marketing or management; or
- A completed graduate certificate or higher qualification in a business related discipline from a recognised higher education institution.
International37700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37700 AUD per year during 18 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.