The integrated nature of the Economics programs from Birla Institute of Technology and Science and their analytical and engineering science contents give them a professional character and enable students to participate usefully in corporate and research jobs. Considering the current market scenario and recent surge in demand for people specialising in Economics and Finance, Department of Economics & Finance of BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus offer programs such as integrated M.Sc. (Economics) and Minor in Finance.
The main objective of M.Sc. (Economics) program is to impart students with a rigorous and hands-on training in Economics, with special emphasis on analytical and problem-solving skill, and in-depth understanding of the theoretical and empirical construct in the field of Economics. This will make the students acquire a level of subject knowledge, enabling them to achieve high quality skills suitable for various professions, especially in the field of data analysis and economic policy making.
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting
- Econometric methods
- Mathematical & Statistical methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4356 USD per semester during 24 months.
- AED. 16,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.