The diversity of specializations of the departmental faculty has promoted multi-faceted research at the Department and has brought a certain depth to the courses as well. Along with research, the Economics Department at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science recognizes the growing demand for trained manpower in education, industry, government and other sectors as well as nurturing future researchers and specialists in Economics, Finance and Management. The teaching methodology pursues to provide students with a strong conceptual foundation and to create a continuous interest and involvement with the real life applications of Economics, Finance and Management. For more details about our Department, we request you to go through this website.
The Economics Association, as the name suggests, is the association for the MSc Economics students at Hyderabad campus. The primary aim of the association is to inculcate and nurture an interest in the economics and finance world among all students on campus, not just those studying economics. Towards this end, various events are held, both as part of ATMOS, as well as in general. Events conducted during ATMOS include Courtroom, Arthashastra – The Business Quiz and workshops on finance. In addition to this, there are several guest talks and workshops conducted throughout the year by some of the best names in the field of finance and economics in the country and abroad. Panel discussions are also held on regular basis to keep abreast with various developments and be familiar with the different point of views and perceptions. The association also maintains a blog, where articles written by our students and guest contributions are posted regularly. In addition to this, the association also conceived and organized the flagship edition of its financial conclave, Finnovate, in February 2017. Finnovate will continue as an annual event with eminent speakers talking on contemporary issues and exciting quizzes/competitions for students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting
- Econometric methods
- Mathematical & Statistical methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 15500 AED per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.